Saturday, March 29, 2008

Supervisor? No Sweat!

The title is slightly misleading, as the two statements have nothing to do with each other, but everything to do with my life right now...
I've been working at Mountainside for about three weeks now, and I was offered the evening supervisor position at another gym. Granted, it should probably be someone who isn't married with kids, because to work evenings would be too hard, so that did rule out some qualified people. Still, there are several girls that I work with that are single and actually usually work evenings, and I was offered the job even though I've only been there a few weeks. I know I'm tooting my own horn, but I was very flattered. Also, when I did "circle time" (a time when the kids clean everything up and then we sing songs, read, and play games) I was complemented a lot by one co-worker, Bekki, who I deeply respect, and Jean, my manager. They have complemented me on several different things, but especially how well I can keep the attention of kids. Working here has just reassured me that I want to work with kids forever! I think that maybe when I get back from my mission I will change my major to early childhood education and then run a preschool out of my home someday. I love working with the little kids. I love singing songs and coloring. What is better than reading a book with ten kids sitting as close as possible to you? I am so happy when I'm at work, I even forget about some of my lame co-workers who skip out on doing their jobs.
In other news, I'm finally feeling healthy! I have been sick with one bug or another for a month! As a part of this I developed night sweats. Gross, I know, but it is true. I would have to start on one side of my bed, and when I woke up soaked, I would roll to the other side so my sheets would dry. Well, last night I slept soundly with no sweating. That is when I realized that I was really feeling good for the first time in a long time. I still have allergies, but that is just annoying, it doesn't make me feel sick. I am so thankful to be feeling better! I feel like I passed that test or something, like I proved that I could keep going even when I'm really sick. I went to work and everything! Even when I had strep! Now that test is over, and it feels good, but I also know that Satan won't rest and the Lord wants to prepare me, so it is only a matter of time before the next. No sweat! I can do it. With the help of the Lord, I can do anything!