Sunday, March 16, 2008

Piston Cup

I got another job! I am working at Mountainside Fitness in child care. It just fell perfectly into place. I went in for an interview and was offered the job on the spot, buy Otto's mom! Small world! I work with Becky, wife of Adam, one of the accountants at BCFO. Corey Gillett also works at there too. So fun! Well, before I could start, I had to get fingerprinted and and drug tested... which means I had to pee in a cup. Something I struggle doing... I have a bladder that has me running to the bathroom frequently, but it is extremely shy, so that no matter how much water I drink, I struggle to pee in a cup. Anyways, the title 'Piston Cup' is courtesy of Katie Lewis's nephew, Eric. When he heard Piston Cup on 'Cars' he said 'what did he do in his cup?'
I love my job. I love working with so many different kids and seeing all their different personalities. I love being able to calm down some of the more difficult kids. I love that they easily warm up to me. I love it when they are excited to see me. I love coloring and reading with them. I love playing peek-a-boo. I love it that they even try to help me clean the toys. It is such a great job!!
It has been hard trying to manage two jobs, school, and family. I'm not getting as much sleep as I'm used to, but I'm adjusting and it feels good to be active and accomplishing a lot. Life is hard, but good. I'm being pushed and prepared. It isn't always great, sometimes the kids at work won't stop crying, or they give me thier colds, or Mark just really bugs me at BCFO, but the not so good help me to appreciate the good.

0 comments: