Thursday, March 20, 2008

Positive?

I've been sick for so long! I've gone from one virus to another, or possibly the same one, but either way, I've been sick for over three weeks! It recently got really bad so I finally went to the doctor yesterday to get some medicine. I woke up really itchy and at work I noticed a rash. Yes, a rash, that means strep throat. Oh goody. I haven't had strep for several years, not since I was a kid. I went to the doctor, who was actually a very friendly and happy man- very positive. He did a quick strep test and you guessed it, it came back positive. Isn't that misleading? Positive? Strep throat isn't exactly a good thing... I guess it is good to get some medicine. I highly recommend a "z-pack" for any bacterial ailment! I'm already feeling much better, I still have a cold and probably will for a few more weeks, but that is liveable. I'm really proud of myself because through all of this I haven't missed any work, I've even picked up several extra shifts at Mountainside. This week I will have worked there Monday through Saturday! Twice what I normally do. I've fallen behind a bit in my classwork and cleaning my room while I've been sick, but I haven't called in sick, I haven't used it as a crutch or excuse to sleep all day (though I have been sleeping all night, going to bed around 5 sometimes!). I am kicking some depression trash! I've been POSITIVE about everything. Me being sick has really been a good thing. I have been home for things I wouldn't have been otherwise. I have seen that I can keep going when I'm sick. I can go on a mission and not let my health hinder the work. I will win, the Lord will win! I am so thankful for the Lord's influence and help in my life, I could not have done it without Him!

0 comments: