Friday, August 8, 2008

Bumpity Bump Bump

This week has been full of bumps, but I am a very blessed person. The hard part is those blessings often come because of trials & aren’t always apparent...

My car broke down Tuesday night. I went to start it to go home and nothing happened. I turns out it was my battery cables were damaged & I needed new brakes. I also needed two new tires, so nearly $700, two days, and one emotional break down, I have my car back & it is running beautifully. It is a blessing that it didn't break down until now, when I have a great job & can actually afford to pay for it. It was also a blessing that my cables went before my brakes or tires were completely dead so there wasn't more damage done.

My papers still aren't in. They got lost. My blood work & immunizations are all done, so I have an appointment at 7 am Monday morning to have another physical (technically a first for this doctor, but not my first in an attempt to get my papers done), and then I should be able to give them to my bishop that night, but at the rate everything has been going, I'm not holding my breath. It will be good though because my insurance changed so I need my perscriptions written for 3 months & I didn't know when I would find time to get that done, so Heavenly Father provided a way for that to happen. I also know that I will be able to turn my papers in when I'm supposed to, and that the delay has been for a reason. I was able to meet with Bishop Jones Wednesday night & I filled him in on everything. It was good to meet with him. He encouraged me to be patient & to not worry about things I can't control. He also offered to have the Bishopric give me a special blessing on Sunday. That will be a big help too.

The multi-stake ysa activity that has consumed my life the past few weeks is tomorrow. There have been bumps for that too... For the service portion I was going to have them color ABC books, but the humanitarian center no longer uses those, so I had to change it last minute to feece blankets. Mom & I were able to get the fleece last night, which had just gone on sale. If I had decided earlier I wouldn't have been able to get the cute ones we did because they weren't on sale. I have also been scrambling to find someone to run the room on physical touch- I haven't quite found the blessing in this one yet, but I'm sure it is there... Maybe I just haven't asked the right person & the blessing isn't for me at all.

Other than that, the activity planning/prep has gone very well. I even invited my neighbors to come (4 single guys, one is LDS). That was easy though because they came over to borrow something & saw all the stuff for it & my mom told them about it. All I had to do was take them a flyer. I also ws super excited because Sister Jones called me last night & told me that they had a call from a guy moving into the ward that saw the activity on-line & wanted more info. I was so glad that the website that I've put so much time & effort into has actually brought someone to an activity, well hopefully, he hasn't come yet...
My week has been full of ups and downs, but it is coming to a close & it looks like it will actually all work out...
Bumpity, bump, bump. Bumpity, bump, bump, look at lissa go!

0 comments: