Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oh Barf.

So the activity went well on Saturday. We had about 200 people come, and while only about 130 actually went through all the rotations, there was a lot of mingling. A few people in my ward actually got phone numbers and even dates. I received several compliments and feel really good about all of it. It really was an inspired idea and I was thankful to receive that inspiration. I’m also very glad it is done. I got home Saturday night around 12 and my body just gave up and started to tremble a little. I slept very well (and in very late) that night. Sunday I was released as Stake YSA Rep. I didn’t know how it would feel, and I’m still not sure how I feel about it. It was great to be able to make a difference and help get the new YSA program going in my area, but is really nice to not have to worry about it anymore. This is the first time I’ve been released from a calling & I didn’t feel like I was fired. I might be sadder if I wasn’t going on a mission.
Speaking of missions… my medical paperwork is finally done! I went to the doctor before work yesterday and dropped it off to Bishop Jones last night. On Sunday Brother Garner and the rest of the bishopric gave me a blessing and it is already coming to pass. I’ll meet with President Hall this week (hopefully) and have my call in a few weeks! I’m excited that it is finally coming.
Since Satan couldn’t stop my papers anymore, he went for a different approach. I’d been feeling a little sick to my stomach the past few days, but I chalked it up to stress from the activity. Last night I woke up at 3 with a horrible headache and my stomach nauseated. I took some Tums & Tylenol, but neither helped. When we got up for scriptures I asked Wayne for a blessing, which he gave me after we read. Before we started reading though, I started dry-heaving. It was miserable! My mom set me up with diet coke and lots of crackers to help me get through the day. I’m super hungry, but every bite/sip makes me want to barf. The blessing did help, especially with my headache, and I also didn’t throw up on the bus or in the car. I am thankful that mom knows so much and took the time early this morning to help me feel better and get out the door on time.

0 comments: