Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I love to see the Temple…


Yesterday the Mesa Temple reopened after being closed for cleaning & renovation, so I got to go after having not gone for over a month. Oh, how I missed it! It was really busy, so there was a long wait, but it gave me more time to ponder, and mostly to feel at peace. Life has been really crazy with my new job, mission papers, preparing spiritually, scripturally, physically, and clothing-ly (that is super hard because nothing is long enough!). Problems arise, or in the case of my ceiling, fall. The ac leaked somehow and collected until the ceiling was soaked & bubbled, bit by bit it has started to fall down. The ac is fixed now, but we have to dry it out and get it repaired (and by we I mean Wayne, but I spotted it, so I helped right?). When I’m in the Temple, everything melts away. I can focus on spiritual things and see things more clearly. I feel at peace, but not just peace like when a problem is solved, or when you climb into bed and close your eyes to sleep, or when something great happens, it is more than that, different. The thesaurus lists harmony, tranquility, serenity, and stillness as synonyms for peace, and I think a combination of all of them is the peace I feel in the Temple. I am for that bit of time in harmony with Heavenly Father’s will, I am undisturbed by the world, I am free of stress and doubt. I still have my problems, but they don’t worry me, they don’t cloud my thinking, I am at peace. I am so thankful to have one so close to my home and to be able to attend often. I love to see the Temple…

0 comments: