Monday, July 28, 2008

Bus Ride...

New job= new adventures. I started a new job last Tuesday and it is great! I ride the bus to and from with Ashley Hathcock and Staci Thomas, but the first day I got to the stop extra early just be safe, and at 6:45 a bus came. I thought the scheduled time was 6:53 and it was really early, but I didn’t realize there was one that also came at 6:35 that was really late. I didn’t see Ashley, but I didn’t want to miss the bus, so I got on. I didn’t know if it was my bus or where it was going. I started texting like my life depended upon it. I texted Ashley to see if she was late or if I got on the wrong bus, and I texted my mom and had her get online and try to find out what she could-what a trooper for getting up and looking stuff up for me so early. It was eventually established that there were several busses that followed the same route at different times. Ashley said to get off on the 4th stop, which I did, but not every stop was requested that morning, so it was the 5th stop on the route. I walked a block or so and found the building as well as Ashley and Staci. I had made it. After fearing that I would end up in a scary part of Phoenix with no idea where I was or how to get anywhere, I was riding up the elevator with anticipation of a new adventure. Thus far, no more bus problems, or any problems for that matter. It is still taking some getting used to being gone for almost 12 hours everyday, but it is great practice for the mission. I’m still working on getting my sleep patterns better so that when I go to bed at 10 I can actually fall asleep, but other than that I think I have the hang of it. I am so thankful for this great blessing in my life! It is a great job- great pay, temporary—so I can leave for my mission without leaving them hanging, great hours, and it will look great on my resume. I couldn’t ask for anything more :)

0 comments: