Saturday, April 19, 2008

Remembering Why

Last weekend was Stake Conference and the messages were exactly what I needed to hear. It was a few brief statements that meant the most to me. Saturday night at the adult session Paul Allen (one my ward's E.Q. Presidents) talked about missionary work. I don't remember what exactly he said, but I do remember how I felt. I was blessed with an overwhelming reminder of why I am working two jobs and going crazy with everything I'm doing. Missionary Work. I'm doing all of this right now so that I can serve a mission. It helped to put everything into perspective. Then on Saturday Sister Walker (Stake R.S. President & Caraline's mom) mentioned teaching children. I was reminded why I am going to school and not just working. It reminded me why I am getting an education degree and not just some general one. I not only want to teach children, but I'm called to do it. It was a great weekend of reminders. It helped me feel less crazy and more purposeful. I couldn't tell you what the other speakers said, but I can tell you that the Lord worked through them to help me through this rough time. He wants me to serve a mission. He wants me to teach. He is going to help me do both.

0 comments: